Foot and Ankle Pain
Our feet are constantly under the stress of our daily activities. This can lead to many problems, from common occurrences like ankle sprains to more complex issues like neuroma. Foot-related pain is often caused by choice of footwear or overexertion.
Timberlane Physical Therapy Method:
We are skilled in evaluation and research, which allows us to treat the whole picture, not just the specific pain. Foot pain is often triggered by the hip or back, if we just treat the foot, the pain will return.
You will work with a therapist one-on-one during your session and learn exercises and skills to manage your pain. This allows you to maintain your healing process between visits and to continue management after your time at Timberlane PT.
We Can Treat
- Ankle sprain
- Achilles tendinitis
- Achilles rupture
- Sever’s Disease
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel pain
- Shin splints
- Stress fracture
- Peroneal tendonitis
- Tibialis posterior tendonitis
- Nerve entrapment
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Post-surgical (i.e. bunionectomy, lis franc repair, ORIF)
- Muscle strain/tear
- Metatarsalgia/ball of foot pain
Treating foot pain early is key in managing it, as we do put a lot of stress on this part of the body. Our team creates a treatment plan based on a thorough evaluation of the patient. Some of our common plans include:
- Correct walking/gait dysfunction
- Exercise to correct tight or weak areas
- Hands-on alignment for bone and soft tissue
- Modalities for pain and swelling
- Taping/bracing for support and mechanics
- Shoe recommendations to support and correct pain
Tip for Recovery:
Wear good shoes – this can prevent pain from developing and help correct and alleviate active pain.